- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Seven Steps to Getting Approved
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 1 of 7 – Begin With the End in Mind
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 2 of 7 – Read The CBAP / CCBA Handbook
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 3 of 7 – Essential BABOK Skimming
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 4 of 7 – Understanding the Five Core Eligibility Requirements
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 5 of 7 – Seven Easy Ways To Document Your Work Experience
- CBAP / CCBA Application Series – Step 6 of 7 – CBAP CCBA Application Worksheet Template
Do you want to know the one source of all the relevant and complete information about the CBAP / CCBA application?
One place where you probably need to start your research about the exam and the process, rather than submerging yourself in the 179 comments thread on LinkedIn?
==> CBAP or CCBA Handbook <==
It is really amazing to know the number of people who are not aware of the information that is part of the CCBA or CBAP handbook. This is one place, which is the ultimate source of the latest information on various facets of the exam. If there are any eligibility requirements changes that you must be aware of, or anything related to the actual exam, this is the place you need to refer. Yes, this means you can skip mining information from the plethora of LinkedIn comments.
If something changes about the exam or the process, CBAP or CCBA Handbook is likely to be updated first by the IIBA. So, if you have any questions and need some comprehensive information at a given snapshot of time, this is where you need to go.
Navigating the CBAP / CCBA Handbook
In this post, I will be highlighting a few “MUST READ” sections of the Handbook and give you a little mind map that you could use to refer back to see what information is part of the handbook.
The CBAP Handbook is divided into 10 different sections; covering topics ranging from what the BABOK is, to auditing of candidates.
In the first half of the handbook, one important piece of information to note is the roles mentioned that come under the purview of CBAP or CCBA:
- Business analysis
- Systems analysis
- Requirements analysis or management
- Process management
This is a critical information to note as there is a lot of misunderstanding about who can apply for CCBA or CBAP Exam. I will expand a little more on this in part 4 of the 7 steps.
Two Most Important Sections
The following two sections are probably the most important sections of the CBAP Handbook. (Same sections under CCBA Handbook).
- Section 5 – Certification Requirements
- Section 6 – Application and Exam Process
My advice to you is to print these two chapters and read through them thoroughly.
CCBA / CBAP Handbook Overview Mindmap
By no means this post can be a substitute for reading the CBAP or CCBA Handbook. This is a strong call to action to read it. If you want to see at a glance all the topics covered in the CCBA / CBAP Handbook, you can download the following Mindmap. Or use this as a snapshot to reflect on some key information:
CBAP / CCBA Handbooks Direct Links
To summarize, ensure that you read the CCBA or CBAP Handbook. Go through section 5 and 6 with a fine toothed comb to understand the latest exam related information.