As you maybe aware that BABOK V3 was launched by IIBA recently. The V3 attempts to reflect the latest developments and evolution in the profession of business analysis.
In this episode of the podcast with Laura Paton, chair of the BABOK V3 team, we look at some behind the scene “footage” of what transpired while BABOK V3 was created.
Sneak Peek of the Episode
- The approach used to create V3
- How V3 was more international
- The volunteer selection process
- How this entire project was run virtually
- Who were part of the V3 team?
- Core team (9-12 individuals)
- Writing team of 55 individuals
- Every core team managed their own team
- Guidelines and structure established in the beginning
- Some insights on approach to revising a standard
- Stakeholder analysis for V3
- BA Managers, course providers, PMs, certified BAs, etc.
- How the knowledge areas evolve
- Why Strategy Analysis created most commotion?
- Persona for strategy analysis
- The emphasis on the shift from IT focus speak out of V2
- The challenge of shifting focus on various activities that Laura faced
- Overview of the public review process
- Exciting aspects of V3:
- How people view (and should view) the perspectives
- New and fresh relevant content
- Better homes for some tasks
- New techniques
- Core concept model
- The turtle (or spaceship?) diagram
Insightful Quotes from this Episode
“I was so jazzed with the idea of perspectives.”“BAs are very compassionate about their techniques.”“Recognize that the dedication that the peers have put out to make V3 a reality.”
Enjoy the show and don’t forget to share this episode to your networks using the social sharing links.
If you have any comments or questions for this episode, please post them below.